Saturday, May 9, 2015

Melt-Off

I hear the stream return to the frozen lake.
My eyes follow the curved and rocky path the water takes.
The sun's rays excite my pupils.
The cool air icing on my ears like a glazed donut.
Harsh times signal a new season
The crumbling and rebuilding of a marriage,
The 35 years of buried abandonment,
Loss of my father, Grandfather, husband, and a brother
But Mother Earth has my back
Compassion for those suffering from attachment
Attachment to substance, highs and lows

The thinning edges of the ice, receding
Soggy ground peeking through
The pathway I walk becomes more apparent
Some edges remain razor sharp, some thick and strong
The sharpened ones prepared to break away
The thick and strong, absorb the shock, resisting despite my efforts to stomp on them

Each day more sunlight hits the layers underneath
Unearthing what's been there, waiting all winter
More absorbent than dormant
Gaining vital substance from the layers weighing them down all winter.
Waiting to expose itself, revitalized.

Let us not forget we are the Earth,
to there we will return.
Experience the growth of each season
Just like Mother Earth
provides a refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment